Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Garden Inspiration



I'm planning to add some bold splashes of colour to the new garden. The overall theme could be loosely described as a 50's Florida-Aloha oasis. I want some palm trees and tropical foliage with a mixture of formal and wild arrangements.


This garden above & below is at Barnsley House in the Cotswolds was designed by Rosemary Verey. I like the impact of mass planting in contrasting rows of colour and foliage.

 


FYI the striking pompom-like flower is called an Allium, the yellow cascading avenue above are Laburnums. 


These purple Pride of Maderia plants also look strking as a band of colour. I think the spikey foliage still looks impressive when the flowers are finished. I'm not so keen on the cottagey yellow flowers below but like the contrast in height and texture.



This spikey succulent has always been on my wish-list. I think it looks amazing in flower.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment